FEMS is a not-for profit association of 28 European Materials societies and associations covering science and engineering in various fields including metals, polymers, ceramics, composites, glasses, nano and biomaterials.
The aims of the association are:
- to promote the wide dissemination of scientific, technical and other knowledge relating to materials.
- to facilitate the communication and exchange of information between its members.
- to coordinate the activities of member societies in order to make optimum use of resources.
- to ensure optimum visibility of materials science and engineering in governmental and non–governmental organisations, in the economy and in the academic environment.
- to contribute to developing links and collaboration between RTOs and industry.